Code of Conduct defines how we do business the right way. It is a guide to our daily decisions and actions in a wide range of situations. Our Code of Conduct is a declaration of the highest standards of ethics and integrity in all that we do with a set of values that guide our daily decisions and actions.
The Azimuth Radio Technologies Code of Conduct is designed to help us meet our obligations, show respect to one another in the workplace and act with integrity in the market place.
The Code of Conduct must be carefully read and be referred to often for guidance. The reputation of Azimuth Radio Technologies rests on how each of us conducts ourselves and how we conduct ourselves collectively as a Company.
All products and services offered by Azimuth Radio Technologies shall be marketed on their own merits and no unfair and misleading statements about competitors’ products and services shall be made. Any collection of competitive information shall be made only in the normal course of business and shall be obtained only through legally permitted sources and means.
Equal opportunities employer
Azimuth Radio Technologies shall provide equal opportunities to all its employees and all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to their race, caste, religion, colour, ancestry, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age, nationality or disability. Employees of Azimuth Radio Technologies shall be treated with dignity and in accordance to the policy of maintaining a work environment free of any form of harassment of any kind and/or any other offensive or disrespectful conduct. Harassment includes unwelcome verbal, visual, physical or other conduct of any kind that creates an intimidating, offensive or hostile work environment.
While the legal definition of harassment may vary by jurisdiction, the following represents a nonexhaustive list of what is considered as unacceptable behavior:
- Sexual harassment
- Offensive language or jokes
- Racial, ethnic, gender or religious comments
- Degrading comments
- Intimidating or threatening behaviours
- Showing hostility towards others because of individual characteristics
Employee policies and practices shall be administered in a manner enforcing anti-harassment and ensuring equal opportunity based on merit.
Gifts and donations
Azimuth Radio Technologies and its employees shall neither receive nor offer or make, directly or indirectly, any illegal payments, remuneration, gifts, donations or comparable benefits which are intended to or perceived to obtain business or uncompetitive favours for the conduct of its business. However, any of its employees may accept and offer nominal gifts given customarily.
Safety, health and environment
Azimuth Radio Technologies shall strive to provide a safe and healthy working environment and comply, in the conduct of its business affairs, with all regulations regarding the preservation of the environment of the territory it operates in.
Quality of services
Azimuth Radio Technologies shall be committed to supplying services of the highest quality standards, backed by efficient after-sales service consistent with the requirements of the customers to ensure their total satisfaction. The quality standards of the provided services shall meet the required national standards in any of the countries of operation and Azimuth Radio Technologies shall endeavour to achieve international standards.
Public representation of the Company
In all its public appearance with respect to disclosing Azimuth Radio Technologies and business information to public constituencies such as the media, the financial community, employees and shareholders, Azimuth Radio Technologies shall be represented only by specifically authorised directors and employees. It will be the sole responsibility of these authorised representatives to disclose information of Azimuth Radio Technologies. When using any form of social media, employees must abide by the guidelines set under the Azimuth Radio Technologies Press and Media Guidelines and the Azimuth Radio Technologies Social Media Guidelines as indicated in the respective guides.
Every employee of Azimuth Radio Technologies, including directors and managers, shall deal with professionalism, honesty and integrity, as well as high moral and ethical standards. Such conduct shall be fair and transparent and be perceived to be as such by third parties.
Every employee of Azimuth Radio Technologies shall, in his or her business conduct, comply with all applicable laws and regulations, in all the territories in which he or she operates. If the ethical and professional standards set out in the applicable laws and regulations are below that of the code, then the standards of the code shall prevail.
An employee of Azimuth Radio Technologies not, without the prior approval of the directors, accept employment or a position of responsibility (such as a consultant or a director) with any other company, nor provide ‘freelance’ services to anyone.
Conflict of interest
An employee of Azimuth Radio Technologies shall not engage in any business, relationship or activity which might detrimentally conflict with the interest of his or her employer or the Company. A conflict of interest, actual or potential, may arise where, directly or indirectly:
- an employee of Azimuth Radio Technologies engages in a business, relationship or activity with anyone who is party to a transaction with his or her employer;
- an employee is in a position to derive a personal benefit or a benefit to any of his or her relatives by making or influencing decisions relating to any transaction;
- an independent judgement of Azimuth Radio Technologies best interest cannot be exercised.
The main areas of such actual or potential conflicts of interest would include the following:
- act in a manner which influences a business decision in favour of a supplier, customer or potential business partner to which any principal, officer or representative is related to a member of staff of Azimuth Radio Technologies, resulting in a benefit to him/her or his/her relative
- award of benefits such as increase in salary or other remuneration, posting, promotion or recruitment of a relative of an employee of Azimuth Radio Technologies, where such an individual is in a position to influence the decision with regard to such benefits;
- acceptance of gifts, donations, hospitality and/or entertainment beyond the customary level from existing or potential suppliers, customers or other third parties which have business dealings with Azimuth Radio Technologies. Irrespective of such or other instances of conflict of interest exist due to any historical reasons, adequate and full disclosure by the interested employees shall be made to the management. It is also mandatory for every employee to make a full disclosure of any interest which the employee or the employee’s immediate family, which would include parents, spouse and children, may have in a company or firm which is a supplier, customer, distributor of or has other business dealings with his or her employer. Every employee who is required to make a disclosure as mentioned above has the obligation to do so, in writing, to his or her immediate superior. This information shall be forwarded to the Business Unit Head, who in turn shall place it before the Azimuth Radio Technologies Board of Directors. Following the decision of the Board, the employee concerned will be required to take all necessary actions as advised to resolve/avoid the conflict. Failure on the part of an employee to make a disclosure as required herein shall result in disciplinary actions against the employee imposed by the management when the conflict of interest is revealed.
Protection of assets
The assets of any of Azimuth Radio Technologies shall not be misused but shall be employed for the purpose of conducting the business for which they are duly authorised. These include tangible assets such as equipment and machinery, systems, facilities, materials and resources as well as intangible assets such as proprietary information, relationships with customers and suppliers, etc.
An employee of Azimuth Radio Technologies shall in his or her private life be free to pursue an active role in civic or political affairs as long as it does not adversely affect the business or interests of the Company or the Group.
Integrity of data furnished
Every employee of Azimuth Radio Technologies shall ensure, at all times, the integrity of data or information furnished by him or her to the Company.
Protection of data
Every employee of Azimuth Radio Technologies shall ensure that personal or any other form of data or information concerning clients, vendors, agents, associates, colleagues or any other third party acquired during the normal course of business must at all-time be kept confidential and used only for the intention it was obtained for.
Every employee of Azimuth Radio Technologies shall promptly report to the management any actual or possible violation of this Code, or an event he or she becomes aware of that could affect the business or reputation of his or her or Azimuth Radio Technologies. Azimuth Radio Technologies policy protects employees who raise concerns in good faith.